Thursday, January 4, 2018

Will you publish your memoir in 2018?


You might have set aside your writing over the holidays—I did. And I didn’t feel guilty about it.

Why? Because sometimes taking a break is exactly what we need to refresh, revitalize, and invigorate ourselves for the writing tasks ahead.

We just can’t let our breaks linger too long.

Determine in 2018 to make significant progress on your writing project. I’m guessing quite a few of you will publish your memoir in 2018!


Your story is not your own.
It has been entrusted to you by God
for something bigger than you might realize right now.

In his devotional, Quiet Moments with God, Lloyd Ogilvie prays for God to help him be a communicator of His grace to others. He continues praying:

“All You have taught me on the mountaintops of victory or the valleys of trials has been to help me say to others, ‘I know what you’re going through—I’ve been there!’ Help me see life as a school of grace equipping me for a ministry of sharing. Thank you, Lord, for what I will learn . . . that will enable me to help someone who will need just what I’ve discovered.”

Those words are true for you and for me, too. So are these next ones:

“The life I touch for good or ill
will touch another life,
and in turn another,
until who knows where the trembling stops
or in what place my touch will be felt.”
Frederick Buechner, The Hungering Dark

Your memoir can communicate God’s grace, hope, peace, and encouragement to others.

So as you step into 2018, renew your sense of ministry. Recognize you’ve received a sacred calling.

If you took a break from writing over the holidays, don't feel guilty! The breather probably was good for you. But now is the time to get back to work!

If you plan to publish your memoir in 2018, 
leave a comment below 

Happy writing!





2 comments:

  1. My intention for 2018 is to finish what I started many years ago. I am aiming to start with a book for the family, a preview or promise of more to come, following your suggestions/ideas at the end of 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD FOR YOU, RITA! Your family will love your book. Don't give up, because one day you will place it in their hands, and when that happens, be sure to let us know. God bless you as you carry out this great task.

      Delete