Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday Tidbit: Where do you find the guts to climb over or break through or dig under?


Reading time: 55 seconds

Following up on Thursday’s post, Even if I must drag myself on bleeding hands and knees to get there, yesterday David Ramos, Author, spoke to exactly where I find myself:

"The three ingredients for a miracle:
Start where you are
Be thankful for what you have
Give everything you’ve got.
So often we think we’ve hit a dead-end
When in reality, the wall isn’t telling us to turn around.
It’s seeing if we have the guts to climb over
Or break through
Or dig under.
Miracles don’t happen when there are other, safe, more practical options on the table.
They show up for those who have nothing left
The ones who show up in obedience
Raised their arms in courage
And spoke out in faith.
You are not stuck.
When you can’t seem to find a way out
That’s when you need to start paying attention to how God is finding His way in."

And dear Chuck Swindoll—yesterday he, too, encouraged me. He writes:

“If you want to . . . replace excuses with fresh determination and procrastination with tough-minded perseverance, you need discipline. Winners know that disciplined persistence must be a major part of their training. That’s the only way victory becomes an attainable reality rather than a distant dream.”

You and I can do this!

Let's remember God's encouragement:

Don't panic. I am with you.
There's no need to fear for I am your God.
I'll give you strength.
I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady,
keep a firm grip on you.
Isaiah 41:10, The Message

With God’s help
and with each other’s prayers and practical help
we can publish our memoirs!
We will publish our memoirs!


No comments:

Post a Comment