Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tuesday Tidbit: “Unveiling all the painful truths”


“Unveiling all the painful truths would expose my children,” writes memoirist Kathleen Pooler, “and I constantly asked myself:

“Do I have the right to do that? Will it be worth it? Will it affect our relationship as adults?

“I knew I could not publish this story without the full cooperation of both my children.”

And Kathy’s children, bless their hearts, did give their mother their full cooperation.

“The answers to those questions,” continues Kathy, “all came in due time as the years passed and distance helped us all sort through the many layers of feelings. . . .

“This may be my story but it is also their story. . . . I think of my memoir as a love letter to them.”

Wow. Read that again: “I think of my memoir as a love letter to them.”

Soon you can read Kathy’s second memoir, Just the Way He Walked: A Mother’s Story of Hope and Healing. Watch for it!

Read her entire blog post, The Dedication of My Second Memoir: A Mother’s Story, and be sure to follow her at Kathleen Pooler Author on Facebook.

We all have a lot to learn from Kathy.


Kathy reminds me of this Elisabeth Elliot quote. Kathy’s blooming! 
And her memoir will inspire you to bloom, too.

There you have it, your Tuesday Tidbit.


No comments:

Post a Comment