Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday Tidbit: “I like to rewrite. Sound crazy?”


Thursday we started looking at publishing options for your memoir.

But before you’re ready to publish, you’ll need to rewrite and polish that manuscript until it sparkles.

Some people think rewriting is punishment, but it’s not. It’s just part of a good writer’s job. Even the most accomplished writers rewrite and polish, and then they hire editors to polish even more. That’s a good thing.

Rewriting can even be fun. Some of us thrive on it.

“I like to rewrite.
Sound crazy?
Not to me,
because I enjoy finding ways
to make my writing better.”
(Cec Murphey, prolific author)

So go over your manuscript and rewrite where necessary. Like Cec, you’ll be looking for ways to make your story better. Enjoy making it the best it can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment