Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I’m back from family time! With photos!

I took a break to enjoy some very special family times, and here’s a photo to give you a hint as to what it was all about:



That’s my granddaughter, Maggie.

If you read my memoir, Grandma’s Letters from Africa, you’ll recall that Maggie was born a few months after my husband and I moved to Africa, and the memoir is a collection of letters I wrote to her over a four-year period.

Here’s an old picture of Maggie and me when, by God’s delightful grace, I had returned to the US for meetings about an hour away from where she lived:



When I wrote the letters, I knew she was too young to read or understand them, but I also knew she’d grow up and would one day enjoy the stories I wrote for her.

And yes, she grew up! (How did that happen so fast?!?) She got married last week, and started her student teaching this week. Wow!

We are now looking at photos and reliving the countless fun times we had with Maggie and our son, daughter-in-law, and their whole family. Dear precious family members traveled from Washington, Idaho, and California to celebrate with us. We had a week full of love and laughter and pranks and games and eating, lots of eating.


And now, it’s back to writing!



4 comments:

  1. Precious memories. She is a beautiful bride. You are right. Time passes so quickly! Blessings dear Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Penny. :) I was just over at your blog, marveling at your photos. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You are always so kind and encouraging. I hope your summer is going well.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to read this and get a little snippet of the ongoing story line. Blessings to you, and best wishes to Maggie and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De, I'm so happy to hear from you. It seems like you must have read Grandma's Letters from Africa and made the connection between that little baby Maggie and this beautiful bride. :) Thanks for your kind and loving message for Maggie and Nik. I'll be sure to pass it on to them. I pray your work is going well. Are you writing about your time down there? Hope so!

      Delete