Thursday, October 11, 2012

Women of Faith’s 2012 Writing Contest!


If you enter the 2012 Women of Faith’s writing contest, your story could be published by WestBow Press!


Submit your previously unpublished, completed, full-length book, fiction or nonfiction, including memoir, of 10,000 words or more (or a manuscript that will fill a 48-page, 5 by 8 inch book).


The submission period begins in a few days—October 15!—and the deadline for submitting a manuscript is 11:15 p.m. ET, January 31, 2013.


Women of Faith and WestBow Press charge no entry fees or subsidy payments; no purchases are required.


Your manuscript could receive the Grand Prize: a free Bookstore Advantage publishing package courtesy of WestBow Press, including the option of having your book picked up by Thomas Nelson.


Click here to read about additional prizes for First Prize and Second Prize. Thirty Round Two finalists will also receive gifts.  


Click here for a brief video interview with last year’s winner, Amy Sorrells. After winning, she signed a contract with publisher David C. Cook. Just imagine!  


Click here to learn important details and get started. 


Give this serious prayer and thought.
This year’s winner could be your manuscript.


Many thanks to my sweet friend, Jen Puckett, for this exciting information!




10 comments:

  1. My first novel, Night Blooming Jasmine, is being published because I won 1st place in the Westbow Munce contest. Such a great experience. And I do have a second book ... what an opportunity. I hope previous winners are eligible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa! Congratulations on winning 1st place for your novel! You are amazing. Keep us posted on when Night Blooming Jasmine is released.

      Do you ever work on writing a memoir? Hope so! :)

      Linda

      Delete
    2. I do have a memoir, Then Monday Came:The Party's Over but The Celebration Has Just Begun, published in March.
      https://www.createspace.com/3766028

      Delete
    3. Lisa, thanks for letting us know and for supplying the link. I look forward to reading your book. It sounds gripping as well as full of hope.

      Bless you as you use your words and writing to bless others with your message.

      Linda

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the information! This looks like a great opportunity for all writers. Hmmmmm.... Now I need to consider if I should enter or not. I know I don't have anything ready yet. Do I have the time to finish my novel in 3 months time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Victoria. Three months to finish your novel! You can do it with help from God, good editors, friends..... Keep us posted, especially if you do submit your manuscript to the contest.

      Bless you, sweet Victoria! :)

      Linda

      Delete
  3. Linda, doesn't this sound exciting? Timing isn't right for me this year, but I keep my eye on the prize(s) and the deadline(s) as motivation! Thanks for posting this info.

    Blessings,
    Sherrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sherrey, the timing isn't right for me this year either but, like you, I like to keep such opportunities in the back of my mind to help prepare me mentally for when the time is right.

      A while back I submitted a vignette for an anthology Dena Dyer is publishing (Dena works with The High Calling) and I got word the editors chose my story for inclusion. It will be published in February. Every once in a while, an opportunity and the timing work out just right!

      Thanks for stopping by, Sherrey.

      Linda

      Delete
  4. That sounds so exciting! Are you going to enter, Linda?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer, thanks for stopping by. I found your blog only 3 days ago and subscribed. It's lovely, and I especially appreciate your heart for God. And then there's your poetic eloquence, and then there's your art.... Oh, my. I'm so glad I found your blog.

      You asked if I'm going to submit something for the Women of Faith writing contest. The timing is not right for me, but I recently learned a story of mine will be published in an anthology Dena Dyer has been pulling together.

      What about you, Jennifer? Will you submit something for the contest? I hope so!

      Thanks again for stopping by.

      Linda

      Delete